If you’re going to spruce up your backyard, remember, put in a shade structure so that when you’re lounging or even having a get together, your family and guests are protected from the sun and even rain. That being said, the shade structure is just the beginning when it comes to designing your backyard.
- Forget plastic chairs, use patio furniture like iron cast benches with cushions to add character to your backyard.
- Put up a pergola and grow some flowers on it so your backyard has a colorful, natural pop that guests will enjoy, especially in spring.
- Plant flowers and create a garden bed that your children will enjoy.
- Put up a lattice design on your walls or fences and grow roses or other beautiful flowers that suit your tastes.
- Put in a small fountain, the ambience of the trickling water really adds to the peaceful environment you’re creating in your backyard.
- Plant a unique garden with not just flowers, but with herbs, cactus, and other flora that your kids can discover and learn about.
- Try putting in garden boxes – fill long wood boxes you can build or buy with dirt – and plant different flowers. Put the boxes side by side so that in the spring, you have a flower oasis with different rows of colors and flowers.