Using shade structures is a great way to start the remodeling process. An awning or pergola can be the starting point of your redesign. Using a shade structure as the basis of your backyard remodel is a great way to add a level of sophistication to your home.
· Awnings & Dining Areas: You can use an awning to create a shaded and covered area -perhaps the concrete portion of the backyard – where you can set up some tables and chairs for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Using coordinated color schemes, you can really have a classy outdoor dining area as part of your home.
· Pergola: These are great because you can hang lights off of them and they can be either attached or separate shade structures from the house. These are latticed so you can grow vines and create a nice little area for lounging or dining. You can hang curtains and other elegant materials off the pergola to create a more intimate feel.
· BBQ Area: Typically, you don’t want to barbeque or cook under your awning or other shade structure. However, you can place the barbeque in an open area and then design your shaded area with barbeque theme.
· Lounge Area: This is a great way to utilize shade structures like pergolas, slide-on-wire awnings, and retractable awnings. You can put couches, chairs, tables, plants, and even hang some lights to create an ambiance that you and your family can enjoy in the evening or daytime.
· Gaming/Art Area: You can set up a reading area, a board game area, or even crafts and arts area for the kids.
· Boxed Garden Areas
· Fire Pits
· Outdoor Ovens
· Hot Tubs
· Playground Area for the Kids
· Tree Houses
· Lighted Walkways