Feeling outdoorsy but don’t feel like taking a hike? Let’s go sit on the patio!
Patios in Los Angeles are often used as extensions of our indoor living. It’s true! When done right, these unique outdoor spaces can be inviting and multi-functional. Our patios are places for great conversations, parties, winter stargazing, dining al fresco, relaxing, or even pulling double duty as a home office.
Turning your patio into the perfect oasis is easy. We’ll help you break down a few ideas on integrating an outdoor style that reflects the rest of your home. The great news? Size doesn’t matter and our ideas don’t have to break the bank! Let’s grab a drink (tiny umbrella preferred) and head outside!
- Easy first step! Declutter and clean up. Give your patio a good scrub, compost any dead plants or trees, and get rid of any furniture or fixtures that don’t bring you joy.
- Next, think about what you envision for your space. Love the look of an English garden? Envision fairy lights and plenty of greenery? Desire a mid century modern desert vibe? Adding little nods to your style using rugs, plants, and lighting will reflect your vision for the space.
- Last, think about creating connection. When you’re inside, from what rooms is your patio visible? Can you see it from your kitchen or living room? Consider continuing that aesthetic onto your patio. Colors and textiles are easy ways to create cohesion.
- If dining al fresco is what you envision, think about tables. Consider the size and shape of your space. Would a round bistro table work best? Do you have a rectangular space that might accommodate a farm table and benches for optimum seating? Warm up the dining area with a rug and lighting.
- Looking to lounge rather than eat? Ratan, wicker couches, and pillows can help you bring that coastal feeling to your backyard. Make sure your seating is comfortable and consider fade resistant fabrics from Sunbrella. Need some inspiration? At American Awning, we’re experts in helping customers choose fabrics that are stylish and durable.
- Be sure that your seating is appropriate for the size of your patio and don’t overwhelm the space. Always keep walkways unobstructed.
- Sun protection is important on the patio! Arched umbrellas are often more versatile than a traditional table umbrella. Depending on the size of your patio, this might be a great solution.
- Often, the traditional umbrella is too small or rigid to provide the sun protection that the patio needs. Consider a patio cover! Whether it’s permanent or retractable, a patio cover is a perfect solution to providing sun shade. At American Awning, our handcrafted, custom-made covers are created to fit any size, shape, or style of patio.
- Are you looking to cover a large space? A Sun Sail might be just the right product to keep your space cool and covered. Install it and forget about it!
We want to help you get that patio ready for use! All consultations are free. Call us today at 800-654-5933 or click here to get a quote. Let’s get started!
PS Getting the patio ready for use is California’s version of cleaning up the guest room!