We often think of the backyard as that extra part of the house that needs to be maintained and as a bothersome chore. But, if you take a little time and install an awning, clean up the mess, and cut the grass and take out the weeds, you can make a playground for your pet. You can do a multitude of things to your backyard and create a pet’s paradise.
- Here are some simple ideas:Underground Doghouse: Dig a whole in the ground and put a dog kennel on the top so your dog can have an underground, cool place to rest and nap.
- Provide Shade: Shade is important for your pet. Provide plenty of areas that have shade so your dog can stay cool and out of the sun. That’s where awnings and other shade structures can help. Installing an awning provides a large shaded area your pet can find his water bowl, food bowl, or kennel and feel safe.
- Non-Toxic, Dog Friendly Materials: Use dog friendly materials in your landscaping. Things like non-toxic imitation turf, etc.
- Obstacles: You can create miniature obstacle courses and paths in your backyard. Think of permanent landscape objects like metal arches and even stone pathways.
- Windows: If you have a fence or gate and your dog is pretty good about not barking at moving objects – like cars and people – then you can install a small window for him to look out of. It’s a great way for you pet to pass time when he’s too tired to run the obstacle course…
- Fountains/Water Area: Installing a fountain or water hole for your pet. Those can be fun play areas during hot days and a great way for them to stay hydrated.
- Resting Area: Think about creating an area your dog can just rest. Like a covered, shaded location near the fountain. Use things like grass and dog friendly materials. Think of turf or other material you can designate as a resting area for your pet.
For more information about awnings and how to create a dog oasis, feel free to contact us. For more information about what we do and other shade structures, visit us online at American Awning & Blind Co. at http://www.americanawningabc.com. (Our California Contractors License is #999050). Or give us a call at 800-654-5933. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.