So, let’s talk about how and why an awning can stand up to the elements and the test of time. First, consider the fabric of your awning structure. Next, think about the frame of your awning. Finally, look at the awning as a whole structure designed to shelter you from not just the sun, but from rain and at times what the wind might be blowing around.
- Fabric: The fabric of your awning is made of a specialty textile that is developed to repel water, withstand the sunlight’s harmful UV rays, and stay bright and colorful. The fabric also protects you from the sun, inclement weather, and the random branches and objects that blow around in the wind.
- Frame: The frame of your awning is also designed to withstand the elements. The frame can be made from aluminum, wood, and other materials. The frame is made to withstand winds – it shouldn’t fall down – and take the heat from the sun and the moisture from rain or humid weather. The frame is designed to last and stand the test of time. Keep in mind though, that as with everything, at some point, you do need to have your frame inspected and possibly replaced if there is damage, which can occur over time.
- Structure: The awning structure as a whole is designed to withstand wind, rain, and sunlight. The structure’s design is created so that it not only stands firmly in wind but also in rain. When moisture collects, the awning’s angle lets excess water roll-off or, the sides of the awning’s frame have outlets to allow for water to drain away. The awning structure as a whole is meant to stand up to Mother Nature’s daily forces.
- Elemental Forces: Protection from the wind, rain, and sunlight are what an awning is designed to do. Providing shade and cover from the sun and rain is the awning’s basic functions. The elemental forces are no match for a quality, designed awning that’s meant to last you for years.
- Awnings and other professionally designed shade structures are created with fabrics and materials that are specially developed to withstand the elemental forces. Fabrics are made with colorfast technology so that the color stays vibrant even though the sun’s rays hit it every day. The frame is also designed to withstand wind and rain as well as heat and sunlight. Thus, awnings are perfect for year-round use and when coupled with other shade structures like drop screens, mesh screens, curtains, and vinyl windows, can be an excellent addition for any home or business.
At American Awning and Blind Co. we help you choose the right awning for your location and weather needs. We’re an all-in-one awning company; from design, permitting, architectural rendering, and more, we help you every step of the way. Call us today for your free consultation.
For more information about awnings and other shade structures feel free to contact us. For more information about what we do, visit us online at American Awning & Blind Co. at http://www.americanawningabc.com. (Our California Contractors License is #999050). Or give us a call at 800-654-5933. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.