So you’ve had your awning for years now and it’s starting to look worn and old. You’re probably thinking, I don’t want to spend too much on a new awning, what can I do? Well, you have options!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Most of the time, an awning frame can be reused, it’s the fabric that will be replaced.
- You can recover a patio cover, awning, canopy or other shade structure.
- You can choose to replace the fabric with a variety of colors, fabrics, and styles. You don’t have to use the same pattern or fabric you used last time. This means you can upgrade your fabric!
- Some awning shops – like us here at American Awning & Blind Co. – offer a warranty on the fabric. We offer a 10 year warranty on the fabric which means peace of mind for a whole decade!
- The awning frame can be sanded, primed, and repainted.
Sounds pretty cool right? It’s as simple as calling your local awning shop to see how you can “recover” your existing awning or shade structure. This is a great option for restaurants and businesses who want to update exterior looks with modern fabrics, styles and colors. It’s also cost effective for homeowners, commercial real estate properties, and apartment complexes. Remember, you don’t have to replace your entire shade structure just because you have a rip or tear in the fabric or the color’s faded, you can always “restore” it and save yourself some money.